THE DEADLINE HAS NOW PAST – PLEASE TRY US AGAIN IN 2021
Our French twin town of Annecy has a number of interesting work placement opportunities available this summer for young people aged 18-30 from Cheltenham and local area. A summary of the positions available can be seen here. Most are for a 4 week duration. The posts are fairly varied so interested applicants are asked to look at the minimum age required, the fluency of French requested and also the number of hours expected to work, as some are not for very long, which could be great, but conversely that could mean a lot of time on your own.
Applicants must be 18+ at the time of the placement to be considered and have a good standard of French. This is a wonderful opportunity for students studying French at university or about to go to university. These opportunities have been sent to all of Annecy’s twin towns, so early application is advisable.
- Interested applicants need to send a CV and letter of motivation in French, along with an English translation, to the Twinning Officer by Wednesday 5 February, 2020.
- Candidates can apply for more than one position, indicating their preference.
- Candidates may be invited for a short interview.
- The applications of those pre-selected will be sent to Annecy by 26 February for final selection along with those from their other twin towns. A telephone or skype interview with Annecy will take place.
The successful applicants will receive:
– accommodation of a single room with ensuite shower room and shared kitchen, paid for by the town of Annecy
– 70 euros per week to buy food.
– use of a bicycle for the duration of the stay.
We look forward to hearing from you.